I don’t know who Pearl is, but her macaroon recipe found its way into Mom’s cookbook.
Since Easter is synonymous with coconut, let’s whip-up a batch of these sweet, sweet treats.
4 | egg whites, beaten stiff
1 cup | sugar
1 cup | coconut
1 cup | nuts
1 teaspoon | vanilla
3 cups | corn flakes
ii. what to do
0. Preheat oven to 400°F.
1. Grease a large cookie tin and set aside.
2. Beat egg whites to a stiff peak.
3. Fold in the remaining ingredients.
4. Drop rounded tablespoons of the macaroon mixture onto the cookie tin.
5. BEFORE placing macaroons in oven, reduce heat to 150-170°F.
6. Cook for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
♥ “Nuts” = Texas Pecans, folks! This. Is. Texas.