banana nut loaf cakePosted: May 6, 2012
My cousin Julie revved-up her scanner and shot me some recipes from her San Antonio kitchen last week. This tasty banana nut loaf cake recipe was one of them… and hailed from Delores’ kitchen (her handwriting on the recipe is below).
Julie’s mom “Delores” was mom’s sister… and “magically,” the Kiker family always referred to her as “Sister”… and her husband, “Uncle Bill.”
Julie said: “This is another recipe I thought my mom got from your mom. She made it several times and then taught Jeannette how to make it. Jeannette made it probably a zillion times for her! My father just loved that banana bread ~ or at least my mother thought he did!
Let’s Go Bananas!
1½ cup | sugar
½ cup | falfurrias brand butter (per Nanny)
2 | cage free eggs, beaten well
3 | bananas, mashed well
½ cup | nuts, finely ground (I like pecans)
½ teaspoon | baking soda
4 tablespoons | buttermilk
1½ cups | flour
1 teaspoon | baking powder
1 teaspoon | vanilla
ii. what to do
0. Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients.
2. Dissolve the soda in the buttermilk; add to the first five ingredients.
3. Mix the flour with the baking power; add to the ingredients along with vanilla and mix well.
4. Grease the bottom of a baking pan then line the bottom of the pan with wax paper.
5. Pour batter into baking pan and bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Foodie Tips ~
♥ This was surely a family favorite ~ the measurements for how to make *three loaves* is noted below (in the circles)!
♥ Julie says this recipe is a good use for almost-bad bananas.
♥ Who’s Jeanette? Click here and learn more about her and her famous oatmeal cookies!